What You Need To Know
The band office phone number has changed. Call the main school number and enter my extension 74953
865-577-4475 ext. 74953
New Zoom meeting dates and times! Monday May 11 @ 7:00PM the Meeting ID is 982 0344 5311 and the Password is 114516.
We will plan to meet each Monday evening through the month of May.
SDHS Band Family,
This year has given us many challenges that no one could have predicted. I never would have thought that when I left school on Thursday March 12, it would be the last day. I was anticipating a Concert Festival performance, a Spring Band Concert a Banquet celebration and seeing the people that I have spent the past 11 years with. I had planned to tell you this in person but that has now changed. I have decided to retire at the conclusion of this school year. I know that I have talked about it over the past few years but the timing is correct. I made that decision with much consideration of what is fair for my own family. Things have been very stressful these past five months. Please know that I am still your biggest supporter and will always be there for you. It will just not be on a daily basis. If you ever need anything, please reach out to me and I will do everything I can to help you. I will definitely be directing you at graduation and look forward to our banquet celebration. Going into next year I expect everyone to step up and show your new director what being a South Doyle Cherokee is all about. I have been working with Mr. Berry to find you the best person for this job. Tim Paul is going to be doing your musical arrangement for the field and I know you will bring it to life.I will definitely be at your competitions to cheer you on. I also expect many more trophies added to the shelves. In closing, seniors I am so sorry that your most anticipated year has ended this way. The best part of your life is yet to come so stay positive and work hard. I expect every one of you to FB friend me so I can follow your future. Thank you for your support these past 11 years.
Pomp And Circumstances
- Please sign up for “Remind 101” text the message @gf2f7e to number 81010. Be sure to indicate if you are a student or a parent. This will be a great way to communicate as we travel.
- If you would like to chaperone band activities, please see the Band Camp Forms to volunteer.
Knox County Schools does not financially support the South-Doyle Band. All activities are funded through band fees or fundraising. It is very important that all students pay the band fee so we can travel to away football games, parades and competitions.
- Band Camp Fee $100
- Band Fee $200
- School Instrument Fee $50
- Fall Fruit Orders, All students must sell at least 10 large boxes of fruit. Any amount over that, the profit will be a student credit that goes toward band fees.
- Spring Fundraiser. This is very important to help us start off the fall marching season.
- University of Tennessee Football Concessions. Anyone over the age of 16 may work the games.